The only way to ride is a Wet ‘n’ Wild slide
Welcome to Wet ‘n’ Wild, the North East’s largest indoor water park. Situated in North Shields, just beside Royal Quays shopping centre, Wet ‘n’ Wild offers 10 exciting thrill rides, a great café, mini water park, fully stocked shop and a host of fully trained staff.
Tackle the Kamikaze, enjoy Calamity Canyon or kick back and watch the kids from the comfort of the NEW Beach Hut Café.
VIEW OUR SITE MAP
Our 10 Amazing Flumes
Kamikaze (Fast Ride)
You’ll plunge down a near vertical 80 foot drop and reach some high speeds. A thrill ride and not for the faint hearted. This is a fast ride, with height and age restrictions.
The Abyss (Fast Ride)
A very dark fast ride where two riders in a double inflatable accelerate down a series of steep drops! Ride through the run out area where you will rise into the air and then plunge backwards.
The Tornado (Fast Ride)
Challenge your friend to a fast-paced race down the double Tornado flume that intertwines at high speed as you descent, who’ll be the winner!
(Medium Speed Ride)
A thrill ride where two riders are sent down a double inflatable into a pitch black spiral of darkness. The riders will experience a number of heart thumping twists and turns.
The Calamity Canyon
(Medium Speed Ride)
A single inflatable ride were you will slip and slide down a number of small slides and whirlpools.
The Cyclone & The Hurricane (Medium Speed Ride)
Experience the twists and turns as you slide your way down the intermediate waterslides.
The Tempest & The Mistral (Slow Rides)
Slip and slide your way down the twists and turns on two slow rides that will introduce you to the experience of waterslides.
THE TEMPEST THE MISTRAL
Discovery Play Island
The five slides in this area are for children under 10 years of age and their parents only
Children under 4 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times
General Flume Rules
The flume rides are designated for robust, healthy individuals and some are subject to height/age and weight restrictions.
The flume rides are not suitable if you:
- Are Pregnant
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Suffer from heart, spinal or nervous disorders
- Suffer from other medical conditions such as asthma or epilepsy
Also the maximum body weights will apply as follows:
- Body rides – 21 Stone (Kamikaze, Tornado, Hurricane, Cyclone, Tempest & The Mistral
- Single inflatable rides – 15 Stone (Calamity)
- Double inflatable rides – 30 Stone combined (Abyss & The Black Hole)
The following rules will apply:
- All loose items such as jewellery, eyewear etc must be removed before riding the flumes
- Armbands and lifejackets are not permitted on the flumes
- Riders must wait for the Lifeguards permission before starting the flume
- Leave the catchment area immediately after the ride
- Obey all instructions given by the Lifeguards at all times. The Lifeguard reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons who are considered to be a hazard to themselves or others.
Suitable Swimwear and Equipment
In the interests of hygiene and safety, please ensure you wear suitable swimwear and use appropriate equipment when using the swimming pool.
Suitable swimwear includes
- Swimming costumes
- Swimming trunks
- Swim shorts (above the knee)
- Rash vests or tops
- Lycra (or similar material) leggings
- Lycra (or similar material) close fitting full-body swim suits
Swimwear should be of a suitable material, i.e. not get excessively heavy or become transparent when wet. Please also note that babies are required to wear swim nappies.
Attire that is NOT suitable includes
- Cut-off jeans
- Three quarter length trousers
- Loose fitting t-shirts/tops
- Thongs or G-Strings
- Swimwear with zips, studs or buckles are not permitted on slides and flumes
If you have medical, religious or personal reasons for wanting to wear alternative, loose fitting clothing, please speak to a member of our team. However for safety reasons, you may be restricted to shallow water and may not be permitted to use the slides or flumes.
Parents and guardians are responsible for supervising their children (under 8 years) at all times whilst at Wet 'n' Wild, please plan your visit with the Admission Policy in mind...
FIND OUT MORE
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Simply buy your advance fast track tickets today for just an extra £1 per person and proceed straight to the reception desk inside.
WET 'N' WILD IN YOUR INBOX!
Keep up to date with the latest news and special offers. Sign up to the Wet 'n' Wild news letter today!
SIGN UP NOW